We believe our Voice is our superpower.
But trauma, fear, and intimidation from sexual and gender-based assault have silenced too many of us, enabling a status quo of abuse to continue.
Voices in Action is working to create a Pro Voice culture that helps eradicate sexual assault and rape culture, creating a safer and more inclusive world for us all.
Being Pro Voice means:
- Changing the conversation from “why did she get raped” to “why did he rape?”
- Taking all reports of assault, harassment, bullying, power imbalance, and misconduct seriously and insisting on thorough and independent third party investigations.
- Proper education and training about what sexual and related assault along with power imbalance as well as gender roles and responsibilities in schools and the workplace.
- No more victim-blaming or -shaming.
- Schools and organizations implementing and promoting effective safety protocols along with reporting and accountability strategies.
- Standing up for marginalized communities and demographics who we know are effected and targeted at disproportionately higher rates.
- Reporting sexual assault or misconduct is no longer seen as brave because it is instead the standard.
- Changing laws to adequately reflect our current world using data, expert insight, and research based in behavioral psychology.
- Demanding full transparency from investigations, including no more NDA’s.
- Holding those accountable who abuse their physical, societal, or career strength to harm, coerce, influence others.
- Providing the safety of a survivor community that gives strength and support to those who are wary about coming forward or feel that they have been silenced, so that they may come forward against abuse.
- No longer being silenced.
Individually, our Voices are powerful. But together, our Voices have the power to change the world.