Voices in Action, Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the ways we collect information from and about you and what we do with the information, so that you may decide whether or not to provide information to us. By accessing our website, or by submitting your information to us, you agree to this Privacy Notice and to the use of your personal information in the manner specified in this Privacy Notice, in addition to any other agreements we may have with you.
Voices in Action is based in the U.S. and is subject to U.S. law. We do not provide services outside of the U.S. If you are accessing our website from outside the U.S., please be aware that your information is stored in the U.S. and it may be transferred to, processed, and stored as described under U.S. data protection laws, which may be different from those of your country of residence.
This policy will explain:
- What information we collect from you and how we use that information.
- How we protect and how we disclose your information.
- Our policy as it relates to updating this privacy notice and as it relates to minors.
- How to contact us with questions about our privacy practices.
Our Collection of Your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your “Personal Information,” such as your name, IP addresses, email address, phone number, mailing address, employment information, information and images contained on government-issued identity documents, and other things that refer to an identified or identifiable person. If you visit our website, we may collect both personal and pseudonymized information about you. We collect Personal Information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- When you visit our website.
- When we correspond or communicate with you.
- When you register, and an account is created for you.
- When you contact us for help.
- When you attend our events.
- When we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including, without limitation: (a) details of your visits to our website, traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website; (b) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; (c) data we collect when we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information; or (d) data collected when the site sends us error reports or application analytics data.
Our Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain any Personal Information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected for. We will also retain and use your Personal Information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Use and Processing of Your Personal Information
We may use information that we collect about you:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To manage our relationship with you, to provide you with online customer support, or to communicate with you.
- To manage our website or activities and present our website and its contents to you.
- To perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To enforce our terms and conditions or otherwise carry out our obligations and to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- To allow you to report incidents of sexual abuse, misconduct, and harassment.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your express consent.
We may use your de-identified data for the following purposes:
- Fundraising, marketing, publicity, and educational purposes.
- Research, newsletters, articles, studies, and group discussion.
- To collaborate with our partners.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following manner:
- Matching. We may also disclose some of your reported information (but not your name) if there is a match in your report to a previously reported assailant. In such instances, we notify the other individuals who reported that assailant by informing them that the same person been reported as a repeat abuser by others. We do not provide any details of your report to these individuals or describe your report in any way. Nor do we disclose your Personal Information to them, absent a court order or a valid subpoena. This process maintains privacy while also conveying information that some victims may find useful, and which may inform their decision about further reporting to employers or law enforcement.
- Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to help us provide, manage, and improve our services. To help us provide the best service, they may collect and/or use your anonymized and/or aggregated information. We may provide your anonymized and/or aggregated information to our agents, vendors, third-party contractors, IT, or other service providers who perform functions on our behalf, pursuant to contractual agreements restricting their use of your information. We may also partner with certain third parties to collect anonymized and/or aggregated information for purposes of analysis, auditing, research, or reporting. We may also share this anonymized and/or aggregated data in reports or summaries about our services.
- Legal Purposes. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties (including law enforcement agencies), if we reasonably believe that doing so is necessary to comply with the law, court order, subpoena, or other legal process; to investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, identify theft, violations of our terms and conditions, or threats to property or physical safety; to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Our Security Measures
We use commercially available technologies and safeguards to protect your Personal Information. While we do our best to help ensure compliance with industry security practices and standards, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, or if your data is provided to us by other sites or sources, we are not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites and your information that is in possession of other parties.
If we process your Personal Information for the purpose of sending you marketing communications, you may manage your receipt of marketing communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
Please note that opting out of our newsletter or other marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important communications related to your current relationship with us and the services being provided to you.
How to Correct or Delete Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request to correct or delete any personal information or submission information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your submission information unless you contact us from the same email address you provided at the time you posted the information, or unless we are otherwise able to confirm your identity. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe doing so would violate any law, legal requirement, or contractual obligations; or it would cause the information to be incorrect.
Because of the nature of our organization, our services are not designed for minors, and our website is not intended for children under 18. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this website, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, and do not subscribe to our newsletter. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian, and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us immediately.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting a new version. It is your responsibility to review this Notice periodically, as your continued use of this website represents your agreement with the then-current Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices, or concerns relating to this website, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: August 20, 2021.